How healthy is this dish? Is it really good for you or just a big fat lie? Let’s deconstruct the ingredients of Thai chicken salad to find out.
The “Thai Chicken Salad” is a delicious salad made with thai basil, lime juice, and cilantro. It has a crunchy texture that makes it perfect for summertime.
This Salad with Thai Chicken is loaded with nutritious veggies, and it comes together quickly and easily thanks to the Rotisserie chicken.
Salad with Thai Chicken Facts
This Salad with Thai Chicken has me completely addicted.
First and foremost, because I like veggies, particularly when they’re crisp and fresh.
Then there’s the fact that one of the Ingredients is previously cooked rotisserie chicken.
Then there’s the Peanut Dressing, which is rich and completely delightful.
It’s salty and sour, and it’s exactly right.
Don’t be deterred by the large amount of components.
Yes, the list is lengthy, but that is mostly owing to the peanut dressing.
Of fact, that’s part of what makes this salad so fantastic.
So let’s get started.
Salad with Thai Chicken Ingredients
- Napa Cabbage: This crinkly, somewhat sweet cabbage is one of my favorites.
- A simple addition is rotisserie chicken. All you have to do now is shred it.
- Carrots, baby: for taste, nutrition, color, and crunch
- Scallions: for a bite and a beautiful green hue
- Cucumber: For a crisp, healthful taste.
- For added health and color, use red bell pepper.
- Cilantro is used to provide a fresh taste to dishes.
- Peanuts, roasted: for crunch
The Peanut Sauce consists of:
- I prefer to use crunchy peanut butter since it adds extra texture to the dish.
- Rice vinegar is used to provide a mild sour flavor to dishes.
- Lime: For a tangy flavor
- Vegetable oil: This oil has a neutral flavor.
- For a toasted nut taste, use sesame oil.
- Soy sauce with low sodium: For a deep salty flavor.
- Honey: The sweetness counteracts the acidity of the vinegar.
- Garlic is good for your health as well as a tasty snack.
- Ginger has a crisp, refreshing flavor to it.
- Himalayan Pink Sea Salt is my preferred sea salt. A little goes a long way in this case.
- Red pepper flakes: Add a little zing to your dish with a pinch of red pepper flakes.
Salad with Thai Chicken: How to Make It
After you’ve gathered all of these materials, the next step is simple. It’s just a matter of bringing it all together.
Simply place shredded Napa cabbage in a serving basin for the salad.
Then add the chopped carrots, scallions, cucumber, red bell pepper, and cilantro leaves, along with the shredded chicken.
The dressing comes after the salad components.
In a food processor, combine the crunchy or creamy peanut butter, rice vinegar, lime juice, vegetable oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger (freshly grated is ideal), salt, and red pepper flakes.
Then spread that delicious dressing over top of the salad and sprinkle with peanuts and cilantro (or not).
Me? The cilantro is always my first choice.
Let’s talk about cilantro for a moment.
On cilantro, there are two schools of thinking.
You either despise it or adore it. I’m sure Ina Garten, the Barefoot Contessa, won’t even have it in her kitchen.
Me? Since the first mouthful of a California Pizza Kitchen Asian Salad, I’ve been a fan.
There are, however, individuals who loathe it.
National Public Radio even conducted a research on the subject. So, if you want the cilantro, I’ll say it’s optional.
Recipes to Print
Salad with Thai Chicken
This Salad with Thai Chicken is perfect for any time of the year. It’s packed with healthy vegetables and since it calls for Rotisserie chicken, it’s super fast and easy to make.
15-minute prep time
Time allotted 15 minute timer
Salad as a main course
Keyword: Salad with Thai Chicken
Approximately 4 servings
Calories: 174 kilocalories
Pam is the author of Two Cups of Health.
- 2 cups shredded Napa cabbage
- 1 cup shredded cooked rotisserie chicken
- 1 cup diced carrots
- 1/2 cup large diced scallions
- 1 medium peeled and sliced cucumber
- 1 diced red pepper
- Cilantro leaves, chopped 1/4 cup
- 2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
- 1 tbsp rice vinaigrette
- 1 tblsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp oil (vegetable)
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (preferably Himalayan pink salt)
- a half teaspoon of red pepper flakes
- 2 tbsp peanuts, roasted
For Salad Ingredients: Add cabbage, chicken, carrots, scallions, cucumber, red pepper, and cilantro leaves to a serving bowl.
To make the Peanut Dressing, in a food processor, combine peanut butter, rice vinegar, lime juice, vegetable oil, sesame oil, soy sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, salt, and red pepper flakes.
Drizzle the Peanut Dressing over the salad and garnish with more cilantro and peanuts.
Calories: 174 kilocalories | Carbohydrates: 15g | Protein: 5g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Sodium: 551mg | Potassium: 466mg | Fiber: 4g | Sugar: 8g | Vitamin A: 6700IU | Vitamin C: 59.5mg | Calcium: 70mg | Iron: 1.1mg
Please leave a comment below if you like this recipe, and don’t forget to save it to Pinterest!
Recipes that are similar:
Salad with Asian Chicken
Cobb Salad with Shrimp and Spinach
Salad with Jicama
The “thai chicken salad keto” is a healthy recipe that uses fresh and crunchy vegetables, like cucumber, lettuce, and jicama. The Thai dressing adds a refreshing flavor to the dish.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Thai dressing made of?
A: Its made of crushed rice, red chili peppers, shallots and garlic.
What is in the Thai Chicken Salad at saladworks?
A: The Thai Chicken Salad at saladworks is made with chicken, red cabbage, carrots, scallions, cilantro and a paprika-lime vinaigrette.
How many calories are in a Thai salad?
A: If you go here, it will tell you how many calories in a Thai salad. But there are so many other things to consider as well that the number of calories may vary depending on those factors.
- thai chicken salad recipes
- thai chicken salad jamie oliver
- thai chicken salad healthy
- thai chicken salad calories
- authentic thai chicken salad